The structural project uses about three billion square feet of famous ceramic tile. The cement grout is often used by tilers to combine these ceramic tiles. Cement grout has become an expense that many people have to reconsider. It’s also unreliable for a room or outdoor area with heavy daily traffic. However, which option is better and is ready to pump up? Tilers are turning to epoxy grouting for sealing tiles inside and outside the home.
What are the reasons for choosing epoxy grouting?
- They call it bomb-proof: Explosion proof could be a bit stretched. But epoxy has a reputation for being more robust than the tile used. Its composition gives it increased versatility and strength. This makes it the best grout for inside and outside with heavy traffic.
- Non-porous: Most of the outstanding properties of epoxy grout depend on its non-porous nature. Non-porous means that the grout cannot pass into the air and other contents such as liquids as it repels other substances.
- A sealing machine is not required after application: Epoxy grout hardens very quickly compared to cement grout. So you don’t have to worry about sealing surfaces.
- Colour change: Epoxy grout comes in a wide variety of shades. So you just choose the colour you want but also retain that colour throughout the life of the structure.
What are the types of epoxy grouting?
There are three types of the best epoxy grouts. They are given by,
- Laticrete Spectral LOCK Pro Premium
- SpectraLOCK Pro Full Body
- Ceramic Tile Pro Super Grout Additive
Laticrete is one of the best epoxy grout on the market. It contains epoxy hardener and sand. Sand comes in various colours and sparkles, which are used to create a glittering effect. It works well with ceramic, marble, stone or glass tiles.
What are the tips for epoxy grouting?
The epoxy grouting is quite challenging when it comes to working. It takes a while to harden after you activate it, so you have two options. One, you can activate this piece of grout. Divide and refrigerate the portion you are not currently using. Second, you can only activate the quantity you need for the portion you are working on. Remember the ability to harden quickly. So if you choose to activate the grout in shreds, apply very quickly. You will usually need to clean up excess grout after use before it hardens on top of the tile. To achieve this goal quickly, work with partners and let them manage behind you.
The most important trick is to break down your structure into manageable sections. The mix is still quite heavy and requires a lot of effort to lap around, making as many sections as possible depending on how much you can manage at the one time.
When using cement grout, you need to know that it’s too lightweight for heavy traffic conditions. The strength of the epoxy will be of great benefit. Cement grout can stain easily and makes cleaning difficult. You can easily remove stains on epoxy grout with a simple wipe.